This page offers some practical tips before setting off on your unique journey. Taking a few minutes to act upon some of these suggestions may save you a lot of inconvenience or problems further along.
Also if you are aware of any other useful pre-departure practical tips that we can include here and share with others, then please email them to us.
- Make sure that you book your Hajj arrangements through a Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and United Kingdom ATOL registered tour operator to avoid unnecessary difficulties. For more information please visit www.hajinformation.com or www.atol.org.uk
- Ensure that your passport is in good condition and the necessary visas are in place.
- Check that you have the correct tickets and ticket details.
- Get travel insurance for all aspects of your journey. There are Shariah compliant insurance policies available.
- Make copies of your passport, insurance policy plus emergency numbers and ticket details. Leave these copies, your itinerary and correct contact details with family and friends back in the UK.
- Check that you have had the required vaccinations for the Hajj Pilgrimage, and that you have vaccination cards with you.
- Have contact details with you for your tour operator in the UK and their representatives in Makkah.
- Make sure you have the contact details with you of the British Consulate in Jeddah and the Consular out of hours service in Saudi Arabia
- Please ensure all your luggage is clearly labeled by placing stickers both on the outside and inside of your luggage showing your name, nationality, air carrier, flight number, hotel name and at least one if not two contact telephone numbers.
- Individuals on medication should make sure that they have adequate quantities to get them through the Hajj period. Existing medication should be clearly labeled for each individual.
- Please ensure you have good quality footwear as you may have to walk long distances.